Director of Engineering
Manage all aspects of hotel and building maintenance programs including electrical, plumbing, woodwork, water production and waste water management, gas, fire and safety (including security), HVAC refrigeration, interior paint and decorating.
Manage all aspects of hotel and building maintenance programs including electrical, plumbing, woodwork, water production and waste water management, gas, fire and safety (including security), HVAC refrigeration, interior paint and decorating. Oversee the Security, Safety and Loss Prevention for the Lodge and guide the team accordingly. Respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all client policies & procedures.
- Hiring, training, supervision, scheduling, counseling, and evaluation of performance for the entire Engineering and Security department including all Managers and line Employees. Ensure annual reviews are completed on time in Workday and ensure Goals are completed on time for all Dept. Heads in the division.
- Ensure proper execution of work order/request system and that items are followed up on when necessary. Ensure proper planning of activities and employee time to maximize the efficiency of the Engineering department.
- Supervise requisitions for purchase and work orders and liaise effectively with the Purchasing Manager and fellow Engineering Managers. Annually Review Vendors to obtain best quotes and updated and current list of suppliers.
- Ensure well organized system in place for all Engineering stores and adequate spare parts are in place to avoid down time of key machinery items. Maintain logs on movement of stock items and tools, while monitoring the distribution of items.
- Implement preventive maintenance schedules, policies and rules to ensure an efficient department. This applies to Woodwork (Floor Covering/ Walkways/ Support Structures), Lifts, Plumbing, Generators and Alternators, Waste Water Treatment Plant, Reverse Osmosis Water Production Plant, Roofing structures front and back of the house, Kitchen and Laundry Equipment, Kitchen hoods, HVAC Equipment, Elevators Guest Gym Equipment, Swimming Pools, Buggies and Vehicles.
- Pre Arrival Check of all Guest Rooms to ensure the rooms are technically and maintenance wise in perfect condition.
- Ensure perfect Room Program/ Perfect Public Area Program and Perfect Employee Area Program are in place and properly tracked and maintained. Monitor and assist with upkeep of Saba Saba Offices, equipment’s and employee rooms.
- Overview and upkeep of Landscaping and decorative lighting throughout the public Areas and along the Walkways.
- Ensure a proper pest control program is in place for both inside and outside the Lodge grounds. Outside includes Tsetse Flag Spraying Program and locating of flags.
- Up keep of all water features throughout the property including pond at front drive and water hole in front of Main Pool.
- Prepare and review standards outlined in the MMM Audit which is an Engineering Audit conducted on behalf of Client. Ensure follow up carried out following the Audit and points noted.
- Prepare and review standards outlined in the AON Security which is an Engineering Audit conducted on behalf of client. Ensure follow up carried out following the Audit and points noted.
- Continued focus on energy savings and cost control procedures throughout the Lodge (Examples include LED Lighting Projects/Power off in some room blocks during lower occupancies).
- Work closely with the Director of Safety and Loss Prevention on ensuring fire and other emergency procedures are in place, practiced and constantly reviewed.
- Manage the maintenance of all firefighting equipment in first class order and ensure that emergency procedures are understood. This includes The Ansul System in the Kitchen / IT, Fire Hoses & Extinguishers along with the Fire Alarm System. Ensure working knowledge of the Lodge Fire Break Road and annual upkeep of the road itself.
- Comply with and enforce client Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Empact.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
- Ensure that meter readings are taken daily on heat, light and review information to evaluate consumption.
- Review Pricing and offerings from Contractors / Suppliers to ensure the Lodge is getting the best value for goods / services purchased.
- Actively support the Safety and Green Committees at The Lodge.
- Support the energy conservation program allowing the hotel to meet its annual budget targets.
- Maintain close working relations with Lodge contractors who furnish reliable 24 hour emergency service. (Tanapa / Police)
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Relevant Diploma in Engineering studies and High school education Or Equivalent experience
- Trade school in mechanics, refrigeration etc.
- Experience required by position is from two to five years of employment in the related position with reputable organization.
Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a working technical knowledge of general building maintenance.
- Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-Job or through a series of professional certifications.
- Must possess a current license as an Operating Engineer.
- Requires knowledge of the ability to operate computer equipment.
- Requires knowledge of blue prints, wiring diagrams and hydraulics.
- Ability to read and speak and write English.
No. of employees supervised: 35 +
Travel required: Occasional 3
May be required to travel to, temporarily assist with or relocate to Arusha logistics office.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Share only CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note priority will be given to the those shared CV early.
CLOSING DATE: 15th December, 2020
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, who celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.