Digby Wells Environmental, a service provider to the resources industry, is looking for a candidate for the above position in our Dar es Salaam, Tanzania office.
The Country Manager: Tanzania contributes to the organisational goals by leading and directing the operational day to day activities of the Tanzania business, driving the business to a new level of operational excellence, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Deliver operational leadership and assume full responsibility for all relationships between the company and its clients within Tanzania and the East African region ensuring the company sustains market share in the region, achieves return on associated investments and delivers profitable
- Direct the day to day operational management of the business, applying as required a hands-on approach to producing solutions to strategic, technical, commercial, operational and personnel related challenges which impact on customer service and performance.
- On award of projects, lead the delivery teams in achieving their goals and objectives and ultimately ensure all projects are delivered on time, within budget, technically compliant and to the highest standards of safety, quality, and operational excellence.
- Ensure an emphasis is placed on further developing a high-performing, innovative and influential operational support function capable of devising bespoke technical solutions to meet client requirements.
- Develop an annual sales plan for existing and future clients and ensure excellent client relationships are maintained by building openness and trust.
- Act as a key focal point for communications with clients on issues requiring the influence and authority of the Country
- Ensure day-to-day operations maintain a continued alignment with overall corporate policy, strategy and Contribute to the development and execution of the organisational
- Lead the constant drive and focus to improve operational efficiency via process, people or practical measures. In effect raise the bar on business performance delivery.
- Deliver performance management objectives, agreed business plans, budget and targets and report on factors impacting on the
- Carry out business development within Tanzania and surrounding countries including proposal compilation and tender
- Provide technical services to our clients in accordance with relevant
- Establish and manage the Tanzania office in accordance with local legislation and
- Effective financial management of the Tanzania Office, this includes budgeting, forecasting, analysis
- Post graduate degree in Environmental Management/Sciences or
- Project or Financial Management Certificate or similar would be
- Ten or more years in a similar role specifically within the resources/infrastructure industry.
- Four to six years being involved in business
- Two to four years managing a team of
- Professional Registration would be beneficial. (e.g. Certified as Social and Environmental Expert by National Environment Management Council of Tanzania).
- Understanding of applicable environmental and social
- Understanding and practical experience with environmental authorisation processes.
- Superior EIA and EMP report
- Proven experience in large Project Managing environmental and social processes.
- Proven experience in managing a Project
- Strong interpersonal skills (build rapport ).
- Excellent communication skills (Both verbal and written).
- Strong customer
- Excellent presentation
- Superior organisational
- Willing to travel locally and internationally, including the rest of
- Valid Driver’s
Applicants need to be prepared to undergo a complete psychometric evaluation as part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to authenticate information provided in their CVs.
The closing date for applications is 31 December 2020. Applicants are requested to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
If you have not been contacted within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.