On behalf of the Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) and The Small Industries Development Organization (SIDO), Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre (KCMC) and National College of Tourism (NCT), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill (14) vacant posts mentioned below;-
TANZANIA COMMISSION FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (COSTECH).
COSTECH began operations in 1986 and since then, it has been the principal advisory organ of the government on all matters relating to science, technology and innovation (STI). It is entrusted with the advisory role of formulating policy on science and technology and its implementation; it monitors and coordinates scientific research, technology development and transfer; acquires, stores and disseminates scientific and technological information and fosters regional and international cooperation. The commission is implementing the rolling strategic plan of 2016/2017 – 2020/2021, also is undergoing remarkable modernization including structural changes and implementation of new and more attractive scheme of service and competitive salary structure.
DIRECTOR OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT – 1 POST
REPORTS TO:- THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To promote knowledge sharing through the organization’s and strengthen links between sharing and information system;
- To monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing program, including internal benchmarking and programs;
- To manage systems and knowledge and play key role in transforming the organization into learning organization;
- To lead in the development of institution culture, processes, infrastructure and information resources to facilitate the creation and utilization of knowledge institution; v. Improve knowledge sharing within COSTECH and with stakeholders in order to create new knowledge that will enable learning and innovate as knowledge institution; vi. To conduct annual knowledge audits for systematic identification and analysis of knowledge needs, products and services, flows, users, and gaps from perspective of learning lessons;
- To promote knowledge creation during internal and external events, through support to the design and facilitation of events/key meetings, in order to promote, document and create new knowledge and learning through informal and semi-formal exchange;
- To develop short and long term programmes of collecting, processing and dissemination of information on scientific and technological development; ix. To advise on matters pertaining to the development of documentation and information at all levels;
- To cooperate with national and international research and development institutions and data centers for the purpose of collecting and exchanging science, technology information;
- To keep the scientific community and the general public informed about the developments in science and technology through various means of communication; xii. To spearhead the establishment of the innovative network of academic and research institutions that will enable them to work together in a highly-connected environment where they can engage themselves in scientific endeavors from discovery to science diplomacy;
- To continuously monitor and provide technical guidance for the review of existing laws and advice on appropriate laws and regulations necessary to be promulgated to improve upon the ICT environment that will attract direct foreign investment.
- To develop resource mobilization strategy that will include sale of information and information services;
- To advise on formulating related standards, regulation and guidance including system security and risk management;
- To provide support and advice to the Director General on strategy and detailed work programming with regards to the last miles connections to the national fiber optic backbone network;
- To conceptualize, establish and maintain active and relevant information systems of benefit to the Commission and to the entire scientific community, nationally, regionally and internationally;
- To plan, organize and call for meetings of the R&D Advisory Committee on ICT on quarterly basis; and
- To harmonize the work of ICT R&D committee in line with other R&D Advisory Committees.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master Degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions, with at least ten (10) years working experience in the field of Science and Technology, two (2) years of which should be at managerial level. A holder of PhD in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or equivalent qualifications will have an added advantage.
SALARY SCALE: COSS 14
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement; iv. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates; ∙ Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- ∙ Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- ∙ Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- ∙ Birth certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- ∙ Form IV and form VI results slips;
- ∙ Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
- Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts; ix. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate; xii. A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 8 Kivukoni Road, P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar es Salaam.
- Deadline for application is 9th December, 2020
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and xv. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action. NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)