Office Assistant – Zanzibar
Zanzibar, Tanzania /
Operations & Administration – Africa – Central & East /
Full Time – Local
The Office Assistant will support day-to-day administrative tasks related to the implementation of office and program activities. Based in Zanzibar and reporting to Admin and Logistics Officer in Dar es Salaam, she/he will support in ensuring Cleanliness and organization of office facilities, reporting of decreasing stock for replenishing, Detecting and reporting of all faults and repairs and Ensure tidiness of the office and its compound whenever possible
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets and greet public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
- Coordinate messenger and courier services
- Fax, scan and copy documents
- Retrieve information when requested
- Support in organizing office meetings by ensuring the meeting rooms are prepared on time with teas and snacks whenever required for SFCG staff and visitors.
- Assist with event planning and implementation
- In-charge of weekly and monthly stock taking.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies and Utilities e.g. Lighting, Generator fuel, water supplies
- Support and report on maintenance for office equipment and property. E.g. Reporting any damages or repair work to the supervisor.
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office, Partner offices, Government offices and Supermarkets and bank
- Keep office area clean and tidy
- Carrying out monthly general cleaning
- Responsible for compliance to organization policies and procedures.
- Contribute to organizational learning and enhanced capacity in planned intervention and activities by providing feedback to the team on things and areas that are to be improved
- To undertake any other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
Skills & Competencies
- Secondary School Education or equivalent
- Secretarial or related course will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous office experience may be requested but this can also be entry level position
- Competent computer skills including MS Office
- Internet skills including use of e-mails, group messaging and data collection
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Good communications skills essential.
- Ability to track multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Kiswahili, experience living and working in Zanzibar required
- Working with People: The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy, listens, supports; consults others and shares information and expertise, builds team spirit and adapts to the team.
- Flexibility: The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations.
- Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, to gather information and communicate with others.
- Global and Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
- Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization’s strategic plan.
Other Requirements & Application Deadline
This position is open to residents of Zanzibar only and a salary of USD 200 to 250
Deadline for application 31st December 2020
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.